IT Support Technician
- Austin, TX
- Full Time
- Technical Support
- Mid Level
REX is using artificial intelligence and big data to disrupt the traditional real estate brokerage model, providing dramatically better outcomes and experiences for home buyers and sellers at a 2% cost instead of the traditional 5% to 6%. REX has substantially built the business in the cloud, with human involvement catalyzed by deep AI and emotional Intelligence. In addition, REX employs the data that it collects to rationalize the purchase of mortgages, home insurance, escrow and other services, serving to greatly ease and reduce the cost of the home sale and purchase process. The data REX collects also allows it to manage the home as consumers’ largest asset over their lifetimes.
The Company has experienced explosive growth in its initial markets of California, New Jersey, Texas, Colorado and Florida. REX is profitable on both a unit economics basis as well as in the cities where it has been operating for over a year. It is launching in 14 cities this year as it expands nationwide. REX closed on its Series C financing of $50 million in December of 2018 to solidify its nationwide expansion into a targeted 70 markets across the United States by 2022.
About the Position:
We are looking for an IT Support Technician to assist in REX's IT operations. REX is rapidly growing, entering new markets and building amazing digital experiences that allow buyers / sellers to purchase a home without being bothered with traditional real estate middlemen. That same quality of digital experience is also being extended to our own staff to improve efficiency and interoperability amongst hundreds of endpoints across the nation. The ideal candidate will be flexible and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. They should be a self starter, self motivator and possess ingenuity to excel at this position.
Work closely with the REX IT team to deliver timely and impactful IT support that meets the needs of chronically-busy REX coworkers.
- Support our macOS and Windows fleet.
- Work within a diverse group to design and deliver creative solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner by interacting with internal business units.
- Assist team with monitoring and resolving escalated requests for support.
- 2+ years experience managing large fleets in Windows or MacOS environments.
- Linux shell skills (bash scripting, output parsing, etc).
- A calm, patient demeanor that readily guides staff through the complexities of modern SaaS tools.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with:
- Mobile device management software tools (i.e. JAMF, Meraki SM, Kaseya).
- Inventory Management and reporting tools (i.e. MunkiReport, AssetTiger, Snipe-IT)
- Building and deploying security controls (i.e. CIS Benchmark Controls, Santa).
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with employees, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations.
- Python or Ruby scripting experience
- Willing to work overtime and/or weekends when an IT incident occurs.
- Able to lift 15 lbs unassisted.
- Must work out of the Los Angeles office at least twice a week.
Compensation and Benefits:
REX offers an attractive salary and health benefits. Should your contract be brought on full-time, you will also have an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Paid Time Off
A Bit More…
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We funded the construction of our first home at the end of 2015 and have since put roofs over the heads of a dozen homeless families in three countries and built a school for orphans in Cambodia.