REX is using artificial intelligence and big data to disrupt the traditional real estate brokerage model, providing dramatically better outcomes and experiences for home buyers and sellers at a 2% cost instead of the traditional 5% to 6%. REX has substantially built the business in the cloud, with human involvement catalyzed by data and AI. In addition, REX employs the data that it collects to rationalize the purchase of mortgages, home insurance, escrow and other services, serving to greatly ease and reduce the cost of the home sale and purchase process. The data REX collects also allows it to manage the home as consumers’ largest asset over their lifetimes.
The Company has experienced explosive growth in its initial markets of California, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Colorado and Florida, growing 3-4x per year and expecting revenues of $60 million in 2020 and $100 million+ in 2021. REX is profitable on both a unit economics basis as well as in the cities where it has been operating for over a year. It is launching in 13 cities this year as it expands nationwide.
REX closed on its Series C financing of $50 million in December of 2018 to solidify its nationwide expansion into a targeted 70 markets across the United States by 2022. Backed by some of the most successful founders and CEOs in the country, REX is preparing for an IPO in the next 1-2 years.
About the Position:
The Head of Talent, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will help the company field the best team possible and leverage talent as a competitive advantage.
Based in one of our 3 offices: Woodland Hills, CA / Redwood City, CA / Austin, TX
What You’ll Do:
- Talent Acquisition, including designing and implementing recruiting processes that are optimized for speed and exceptional quality; identifying effective sourcing channels; managing internal and external recruiters; ensuring a strong partnership between hiring managers and recruiters; providing candidates with an exceptional experience
- Employer Brand, including overseeing About Us section on company website; managing company’s presence and responses on employee satisfaction websites; working to receive Best Places to Work awards
- Employee Experience, including shaping company culture; measuring cultural health and providing actionable insights to managers; running rewards and recognition programs; planning company and team social functions and special events; overseeing facilities and office environment
- Employee Effectiveness; including new hire orientation; learning and development programs; individual goal setting; performance monitoring and feedback
- Compensation, including shaping compensation strategy; conducting competitive benchmarking; setting compensation levels; designing and managing variable compensation plans
- People Operations, including managing employee payroll, benefits, retirement and equity plans implementation and administration; overseeing HR management system (Namely); offboarding for voluntary and involuntary terminations
- Compliance, including understanding applicable Federal, state, county and municipal laws and regulations; advising business units and management on requirements of applicable laws; making all required filings in accurate and timely manner; developing and implementing employee policies; delivering diversity and inclusion training; sexual harassment prevention; and managing investigations
- Serve as trusted partner to senior leaders on organizational design, assessing talent, promotions and terminations
- Hire, develop and lead a team of highly motivated and disciplined human resources professionals to support the company’s objectives
- Identify and implement systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure scalable and successful people operations, sound decision making, operational efficiency, and support of growth goals
- Manage the reporting of human resources activity metrics
- Conduct due diligence and manage M&A integrations a
- Select and manage vendors; review and negotiate contracts
- Lead human resources planning process and budget management
What You Need:
- 10+ years of overall human resources experience
- 5+ years of mid to senior level human resources positions in a fast-growing technology company with at least $50 million in annual revenue
- Demonstrated track record of successfully building and scaling a human resources organization from the ground up, including hiring, role, competency and career path definition, systems and controls
- Proficiency in modern human resources software and platforms (Namely preferred)
- Ability to influence the executive team and Board of Directors on organizational design and key personnel decisions
- In-depth operational focus with a demonstrated ability to promote use of metrics and scorecards
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing human resources professionals and building high performing teams
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization, including board members, senior executives, business partners, and individual contributors
- A team builder, team player and leader who inspires others and creates loyalty, trust, respect and following. Collaborative attitude and desire to contribute outside primary areas of responsibility
- Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Organized with excellent attention to detail
- Thrives in fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Makes decisions
- Evidence of exceptional performance or accomplishment in some area
- BA or BS degree; MBA and/or Professional in Human Resources accreditation is added benefit
Compensation and Benefits:
REX offers an attractive salary and health benefits with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Stock Options + Paid Time Off
A Bit More…
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We funded the construction of our first home at the end of 2015 and have since put roofs over the heads of a dozen homeless families in three countries and built a school for orphans in Cambodia.