Senior Loan Advisor
- Austin, TX
- Full Time
- REX Home Loans
At REX, we are growing fast and hiring passionate, intelligent people to join us on our mission of becoming the BEST company in the world! We are changing the way people buy and sell homes by using technology to make the process more convenient and transparent. Come work with a company that is passionate about putting the consumer first as well as your career!
The REX Home Loans Team is looking for a Loan Advisor to join and help grow our portfolio to be the best mortgage lender in the industry. This role will be responsible for originating for residential purchases and refinances through processing in Encompass. Additionally, this role will utilize Encompass and our internal systems to ensure we meet and comply with current banking regulations and policies. Customer service and communication skills are key since you will be the glue that binds all interested parties, from clients to underwriters.
- Originate new loans for prospective borrowers
- Interview applicants to assess their loan requirements
- Analyze detailed financial, credit data and documentation
- Monitor the loan application and provide progress reports to the applicants
- Assist processing with restructuring of loans as needed
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of lending programs and guidelines, ensuring compliance with all lending policies, rules and regulations.
- 5 years minimum experience originating residential home loans
- Train and mentor new and current employees
- Strong mortgage technical skills involving product guidelines, documentation requirements, underwriting guidelines and pricing
- Federal Mortgage Loan Originator license required
- Licensed in multiple states preferred but not required
- Personable and adept at developing and deepening relationships, providing exemplary service and converting sales opportunities
- Detail oriented and well organized with excellent written and verbal communication
- Encompass and Salesforce knowledge a plus, but not required
Who We Are:
REX offers its staff amazing latitude to learn new skills, solve interesting problems and grow with the company as it expands geographically and adds new businesses. Come work with dynamic leaders who have been drawn to REX from top companies across the U.S.
REX sets aside a portion of all income from selling homes to fund homes for families in dire need. It is our mission to contribute one home for every 50 homes we sell. We started in Sihanoukville, Cambodia, where we partnered with World Housing and the Cambodian Children's Fund to help homeless families get back on their feet. You can learn more about our social mission at https://www.rexhomes.com/rex-social-mission
At REX, we appreciate diverse perspectives and want each person to feel valued and impactful in their work. We believe in nurturing your career growth at a fast pace and giving recognition where it's due!
Listed below are just some of the awesome perks available when joining REX:
-Competitive compensation packages
-Open and flexible PTO plan
-Benefits, including medical, dental & vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
-Career growth opportunities
-Employer discounts on select home services
*Some perks do not apply to contract workers or interns
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Austin, Los Angeles, the Bay Area and Chicago. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! REX saves home sellers thousands of dollars in fees by going around the MLS to target home-buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that has never been used in real estate. Since its launch in Southern California, REX has expanded to 17 states and over 300 employees. Throughout the years, REX has represented homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $30 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.