REX is using artificial intelligence and big data to disrupt the traditional real estate brokerage model, providing dramatically better outcomes and experiences for home buyers and sellers at a 2% cost instead of the traditional 5% to 6%. REX has substantially built the business in the cloud, with human involvement catalyzed by data and AI. In addition, REX employs the data that it collects to rationalize the purchase of mortgages, home insurance, escrow and other services, serving to greatly ease and reduce the cost of the home sale and purchase process. The data REX collects also allows it to manage the home as consumers’ largest asset over their lifetimes.
The Company has experienced explosive growth in its initial markets of California, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Colorado and Florida, growing 3-4x per year and expecting revenues of $60 million in 2020 and $100 million+ in 2021. REX is profitable on both a unit economics basis as well as in the cities where it has been operating for over a year. It is launching in 13 cities this year as it expands nationwide.
REX closed on its Series C financing of $50 million in December of 2018 to solidify its nationwide expansion into a targeted 70 markets across the United States by 2022. Backed by some of the most successful founders and CEOs in the country, REX is preparing for an IPO in the next 1-2 years.
About the Position:
The Chief Marketing Officer, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, will shape the company’s marketing strategy and drive the company’s revenue growth. Your responsibilities will span brand building, marketing launches of new markets and services, customer acquisition for a suite of services, retention/reactivation, PR and communications. You will build a marketing function for rapid scale that positions REX optimally with consumers, potential hires, and the investor community. The organization will be distinguished by its speed of improving results through iteratively testing, learning and optimizing.
Based in one of our 3 offices: Woodland Hills, CA / Redwood City, CA / Austin, TX
What You’ll Do:
- Set marketing goals and objectives and report on performance relative to these
- Plan, implement and manage marketing strategy to drive the growth goals of the company
- Drive brand strength and awareness through oversight of PR, brand and content marketing to accelerate growth
- Lead planning for the marketing function. Work closely with CFO to ensure topline growth and management to the budget
- Work collaboratively with the leaders of product, engineering, data science, sales and customer operations to plan and deliver on marketing and growth objectives
- Take a holistic view of the user experience. Identify and oversee improvements in the conversion funnel
- Oversee growth levers including acquisition, performance media, retention efforts, referrals, and rewards
- Use market and internal research and data to deeply understand REX’s customer base and segmentation as a key input to planning and decision making
- Lead an organization that identifies, develops and implements analytics, tools, systems, technology and operations needed for driving growth, speed and efficiency in partnership with engineering, data science and operations
- Partner with leaders of engineering and data to develop programs for acquisition, re-engagement, email, mobile/SMS, digital direct response, etc. including attribution, measurement of ROI across multiple channels, managing spend and performance forecasting
- Drive a culture of constant testing, analysis, and learning to discover new and innovative ways to grow revenue and scale marketing efforts
- Hire, develop and lead a team of highly motivated, accomplished and disciplined marketing professionals
- Create and execute a plan to rapidly scale the organization to drive the company’s aggressive growth goals
What You Need:
- 10+ years experience spanning some combination of marketing, growth, product management, and business analytics including 5+ years at a rapidly growing startup.
- Led and effectively scaled a marketing function through a period of rapid growth
- Experience leading marketing through an IPO and participation in an IPO roadshow a plus
- Experience with complex, high revenue-per-transaction, long-sales cycle products or services preferred.
- Previously built or overseen the creation of a successful “performance marketing machine,” including marketing attribution, media mix modeling, measurement of offline and online performance, scalable processes and reporting systems.
- Experience driving growth and efficiencies through data-driven acquisition across both online and offline channels, machine learning and ad tech.
- A “talent magnet” with a strong track record of successfully recruiting and developing performance marketers and building high performing teams
- Strong intellectual horsepower. Superior abstract reasoning and analytical skills. Creative thinker who finds innovative solutions to obstacles.
- Data focused and fast decision maker. Relentless driver of rapid iteration, always considering the user experience
- A team builder, team player and leader who creates loyalty, trust, and following. Highly collaborative in a cross-functional environment
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner, adjusted for the audience
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Acts with a sense of urgency. Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail
- Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives but makes clear decisions
- Evidence of exceptional performance or accomplishment
- BS degree required; MBA degree and top institutions preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
REX offers an attractive salary and health benefits with an equity stake in this fast-growing tech company.
Annual Bonus + Stock Options + Paid Time Off
A Bit More…
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We funded the construction of our first home at the end of 2015 and have since put roofs over the heads of a dozen homeless families in three countries and built a school for orphans in Cambodia.