REX is rapidly expanding our presence in the Chula Vista area. We are seeking a licensed agent to work with the REX team and our homebuyers and sellers as a part-time Associate Agent. REX home sellers only pay a 2% fee for the entire transaction and we go around the MLS to target home buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that we are pioneering in real estate. Transactions are managed with support from the REX tech platform and team, which includes engineers, marketers, customer support, transaction coordinators and a CA licensed broker. REX Associate Agents are out in the field, opening these homes for showings and open houses, and reporting feedback to the sales staff.
The Chula Vista territory will cover the following areas: Chula Vista, La Jolla, El Cajon, and San Diego.
Job Summary, Responsibilities and Duties
With a deep understanding of the REX brand, and the desire to work out in the field showing properties, and working with potential buyers and sellers, the Associate Agent will:
- Conduct Home Showings
- Communicate with REX sales staff, buyer and seller to coordinate and confirm showing times
- Greet buyers at homes and show properties, noting any questions the buyers may have about the home
- Secure properties at the end of showings, locking doors & turning off lights
- Follow up with REX sales staff to pass along feedback or questions from buyers
- Manage Open Houses
- Set up temporary open house signs before the open houses
- Greet open house attendees, welcome them in, and have them sign in
- Play REX open house video, and be able to talk about the benefits of REX to all open house attendees
- Proactively distribute property flyers, along with REX materials to attendees
- Note any questions asked by buyers during open houses
- Notify REX sales staff of any offer forms submitted or interested parties
- Secure properties at the end of open houses, locking doors & turning off lights
- Pick up temporary signs after the open houses are over
- Manage photography sessions and conduct visual inspections (AVI)
- Collect seller leads whenever possible during buyer marketing communications with the goal of converting actual and potential buyers into REX sellers
- Comply with REX policy manual and all BRE/legal statutes that mandate what real estate licensees will do
…all with the goals of delighting REX buyers and sellers while exemplifying the REX brand through every interaction and minimizing risk.
Qualifications and Skills
Our ideal candidate brings the following:
- Licensed California licensed real estate agent, with 1 or more years' experience in residential home sales
- Excellent client service and communication skills; able to represent REX to high end clients. Projects confidence but has the prudence to know when to ask for help.
- Understands the real estate transaction process, documents and disclosures but is not bound by traditional approaches where not legally mandated
- Demonstrates REX’s brand attributes: tech- and financial-savvy, and a desire to make buying and selling of real estate better for consumers. Innovative and inspired by the potential of changing an industry
- A high degree of professionalism; able to remain calm and rational in times of confusion, rapid change or other stress
- A proven ability to carefully follow a process, adhere to guidelines, track progress, and suggest improvements to the process and guidelines over time
- High energy; willing to do what it takes to get the job done
Compensation: Competitive, with advancement opportunity to our salaried sales and customer service positions.